Apply for a share of up to £19 million from Innovate UK
We’re looking to develop collaborative applications with UK-based SMEs either as a lead or a partner.
Up to £19 million across 6 priority areas
Watch a recording
Available at gov.uk
Full details of the funds available are at gov.uk.
- Precision medicine
Enabling accurate decision-making for patient management and choice of therapy. This includes combining clinical biomarker knowledge with advances in diagnostic technologies and data analysis.
- Medicines discovery
The development and validation of technologies, innovative models and test systems to advance the preclinical evaluation of medicines.
- Advanced biosciences
The development of bioscience-based tools, platforms and techniques. They can be applied to multiple industries and provide clear innovation and benefit, such as in cell imaging, 3D cell culture or sequencing.
- Advanced therapies
The development of innovative medical therapies, (cell and gene therapies), which offer treatments for many areas of unmet medical need. To develop a collaborative application for this area, you should work with the Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult.
Read our guide to a collaborative application for full scope and funding details.
Why apply with the Medicines Discovery Catapult?
- Our team have a wealth of industrial and academic expertise applied to drug discovery, complex cell models, assay development, biomarker identification, and validation
- You’ll have supported access, with specialist expertise, to cutting edge technologies including multi-omics capabilities, mass spec quantitation, mass spec imaging, and organ-on-a-chip capabilities
- Our team are experts in translating analytical methodologies that are sensitive, specific, and robust for clinical utility
- Our informatics team have deep expertise in natural language processing, data analysis, machine learning, cheminformatics, and bioinformatics
- We can help unlock access to appropriately consented patient samples, and data
- We’ll give you access to a network of clinical, academic, and industry experts via virtual R&D
- You can leverage our experience in grant application writing
- We’ll share the workload and costs of applying
We’re looking to get applications started as soon as possible, so if you would like to discuss an idea, or application, please get in touch ASAP.
Complete the form below or call us on 01625 238734.