We’re providing updates on the COVID-19 situation for the UK drug discovery community. Our aim is to help the community during this challenging time and also highlight important work and resources.
- Read the latest updates from the UK government on COVID-19
- Read the latest guidance available for employers and businesses from the UK government to support preparations and handling of COVID-19
- Read the Coronavirus Business Support Blog written by experts at BEIS
- Find out more about coronavirus on the Coronavirus: the science explained website from UKRI
- Read the BIA‘s action and guidance on COVID-19
- Read the MHRA‘s guidance on coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Read the news and updates from Bionow related to COVID-19
- Updated information from the IPO regarding patents
- Information from the Enterprise Europe Network
- Office for National Statistics data and analysis on coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK and its effect on the economy and society
- Our World in Data statistics and research on the coronavirus pandemic
- KTN Covid-19 regulatory and industry guidance
The new Business Support Checker Tool will help businesses and self-employed people across the UK to quickly and easily determine what financial support is available to them during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Future Fund will provide government loans to UK-based companies
This scheme will issue convertible loans between £125,000 to £5 million to innovative companies which are facing financing difficulties due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Support for the COVID-19 response – testing kits and services
The government is asking businesses to support the manufacture and supply of:
- testing consumables and equipment
- personal protective equipment (PPE) for laboratories
- new or existing types of coronavirus tests for antigens or antibodies
Coronavirus (COVID-19): notification to organisations to share information
Notification to healthcare organisations, GPs, local authorities and arm’s length bodies that they should share information to support efforts against coronavirus (COVID-19).