All drugs have an optimum concentration range in which maximum benefit is achieved. There is a need for multi-disciplinary approaches to optimise the delivery of a therapeutic to its target tissue.
Drug delivery systems that combine polymer science, pharmaceutics, and molecular biology have the potential to improve patient outcomes by reducing off-target toxicity and enabling drugs to be dosed to maximise therapeutic effect.
Creating a drug delivery system can be done in various ways, including:
- transdermal administration via microencapsulation
The benefits of novel drug delivery approaches include:
- increased drug efficacy
- decreased toxicity
- site-specific delivery
- greater convenience
Our expert team can provide:
- Cutting edge expertise, with a fresh bold approach focussed on patient outcomes.
- Commercially-minded development and validation of novel drug delivery methods, including drug repurposing and rescuing, and delivery routes for new compounds already in development.
- More effective and rapid translation of academic research into clinical development and practice.
- Translation of pre-clinical data into clinically relevant methods.