Medicines Discovery Catapult has joined forces with the Cystic Fibrosis Trust to form the Cystic Fibrosis (CF) Syndicate in Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR). The CF Syndicate in AMR brings industry leaders and people affected by CF together with academics with expertise in CF and pulmonary infection.
Together these experts will drive research to enable new efforts in CF antimicrobial drug-discovery, accelerating translation to the clinic and, ultimately, bringing better treatment options to people affected by CF faster.
The CF Syndicate in AMR will deliver this by:
- building a research portfolio of collaborative programmes with industry and academic innovators in the field
- catalysing collaborations between industry and academia
- working closely with other research organisations to ensure that research into AMR in CF is prioritised
To date, the CF Syndicate in AMR has identified the following areas of focus:
- building a roadmap to bring a new antimicrobial to market, from the preclinical stages through to the translational steps and clinic development.
For example, by developing robust in vitro and ex vivo preclinical models that predict clinical response to antimicrobials and developing recommendations on which strains of pathogen should be used and where to source them.
- improving diagnostics and therapeutic strategies to prevent antimicrobial resistant infections, with a focus on the first infection.
The CF Syndicate in AMR will achieve this by actively engaging the community on the development and delivery of impactful research projects through collaboration and by providing access to invaluable knowledge and expertise.
If you’re working to develop new antimicrobials for people affected by CF or think your technology could be suitable to tackle CF infections, we want to hear from you!
The CF Syndicate in AMR can help you to access:
- cross-sector expertise in AMR in CF
- input from people affected by CF
- links to networks of collaborators and opportunities for collaborations