NIHR Northern Biomedical Research Centres’ Showcase
Join this unique opportunity to speak to the Northern NIHR Biomedical Research Centres and leading universities, on how they can support translational research through:
- funding partnerships
- clinical research projects
- access to clinical research
- facilities and expertise
- evaluation and testing of products.
Time and Date
10am – 4pm, Tuesday, 6th March 2018
Discover the benefits of working with the North’s life science and health innovation ecosystem as we explain the work of, and provide opportunities for collaboration with, the four NIHR Biomedical Research Centres based in the North at Newcastle, Sheffield, Manchester and Leeds.
Health innovation has been identified as a key sector by the Northern Powerhouse Independent Economic Review for growth and investment and the North’s expertise in Life Science is referenced in the UK Life Science Industrial Strategy.
The NIHR BRCs in the North support commercial and investigator led translational and experimental medicine research in a range of areas including:
- Ageing and Long-Term Conditions (incl. dementia, hearing health, liver disease, and neuromuscular disease)
- Cancer (advanced radiotherapy, prevention and early detection, and precision medicine)
- Musculoskeletal Diseases (incl. inflammatory arthritis, osteoarthritis, and connective tissue diseases)
- Inflammatory Conditions (incl. respiratory, dermatology and skin, and oral disease)
- Translational Neuroscience (neuroinflammation, cerebrovascular neurology, and neurodegeneration)
The Northern BRCs are among 20 NIHR BRCs providing nationally leading expertise in clinical trials, health economics, informatics, data science, imaging and biomarker discovery platforms.
To attend or for more information email Shirley Hannah at the NHSA.